"How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth."

~Psalm 119:103



Thursday, September 29, 2011

Where Do I Find the Word of God?
(Jacob 7:10-12)

And I said unto him: Believest thou the scriptures? And he said, Yea.

And I said unto him: Then ye do not understand them; for they truly testify of Christ. Behold, I say unto you that none of the prophets have written nor prophesied, save they have spoken concerning this Christ.

And this is not all - it has been made manifest unto me, for I have heard and seen: and it also has been made manifest unto me by the power of the Holy Ghost.


In his encounter with the wicked Sherem, the prophet Jacob testified that a witness of Jesus Christ - His word - is found not only in the scriptures but also in the words of prophets and in the power of the Holy Ghost. My feasting upon His word must include all three:
  • The holy scriptures contain the word of God as recorded by His servants in days past.

  • Living prophets bear witness of Jesus Christ today, including during the semi-annual General Conference of the Church.

  • The Holy Ghost, which can be our constant companion (see D&C 121:46), teaches the truth of all things (see Moroni 10:5) and tells us all things we should do (see 2 Nephi 32:3).

No comments:

Post a Comment