"How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth."

~Psalm 119:103



Sunday, January 29, 2012

Keeping My Covenants


I have sworn by myself,
the word is gone out of my mouth
in righteousness,
and shall not return,
That unto me every knee shall bow,
every tongue shall swear
(Isaiah 45:23).

Yea, every knee shall bow,
and every tongue confess before him
(Mosiah 27:31).

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord,
every knee shall bow to me, and
every tongue shall confess to God
(Romans 14:11).


"Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is the Christ." This phrase - based on scriptural references - is committed to my memory. I love the imagery invoked by the phrase - the feeling of humility, the sense of being ready to worship the Master and be taught by Him. I can picture myself falling to my knees at the Savior's feet at His Second Coming. I can see myself worship the Lord as He ushers in His millennial reign. I can visualize the mass of humanity accepting Jesus as the Christ, the Son of God.

What I didn't imagine until recently is that this phrase applies to the here-and-now just as readily as to some distant day. Today I can kneel and pray to the Father in Jesus' name. Today I can worship the Lord in my thoughts, in my words, in my actions. Today I can "[choose] that good part" (Luke 10:42) and "always remember Him" (D&C 20:77, 79). As I bow my knee and confess with my tongue that Jesus is the Christ, He will bless me with His spirit - and He will help me to keep the covenants I have made with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment